Solo performance at Framfield
ONE of Britain’s most celebrated singer-songwriters gave a solo performance at St Thomas-a-Becket Church, Framfield last Friday.
Steve Knightley (pictured) delighted a 120-strong audience with music and songs interspersed with humorous anecdotes and observations from a lifetime in the music industry.
Steve hails from the West Country, studied politics and history at Coventry University, took a post-graduate certificate in education at Sussex University and then enjoyed two terms teacher training at what is now Uckfield Community Technology College.
He is the songwriting force behind Show of Hands, (Steve Knightley and Phil Beer;) widely acclaimed as the finest acoustic roots duo in England with four Royal Albert Hall sell-outs to their name. In 2010 Steve won the best original song for ‘Arrogance, Ignorance and Greed’ at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards. .
The concert at Framfield was part of an appeal to raise £100,000 to renovate the 13th century parish church of St Thomas à Becket. The appeal by The Friends of Framfield Church was launched by the former High Sheriff of East Sussex, Kathy Gore, last month
The event on Friday raised approximately £800 towards the target.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Review: The Kite Runner, Brighton Festival, until Saturday May 25
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Trevor gets the seal of approval from Seaford
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North