Bathroom ventilation fan caused flat fire

Lincs Fire and Rescue News.

Lincs Fire and Rescue News.

0
Have your say

An investigation by East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service discovered a bathroom ventilation fan was the cause of a blaze in a block of flats.

The fire in the bathroom spread after melting plastic from the fan dripped into the bath at the block of flats in Long Ridge Avenue, Saltdean.

Four appliances were sent to the scene after the alarm was raised at 7.57am on August 21.

The fire was located on the third-floor of the four-floor building and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reel jets to tackle the flames.

Everyone was accounted for.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.sussexexpress.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/Sussex-Express/

3) Follow us on Twitter @sussex_express

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Sussex Express - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.