Chlorine alert at Ringmer garage fire

Fire

Fire

0
Have your say

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service crews were called to a garage fire in Ringmer at 6.41am yesterday morning (Monday, August 24).

Firefighters from Lewes and Barcombe attended the scene on Moor Lane and discovered the garage was well alight.

It was quickly established that approximately 15 kilos of chlorine tablets were being stored in the building for use in a swimming pool.

Firefighting foam and water was used with four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus to tackle the fire.

During the incident, the wind changed direction and police contacted locals to ask them to keep windows closed as a precautionary measure.

The fire is believed to have been accidental with an electrical fault a possible cause.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.sussexexpress.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/Sussex-Express/

3) Follow us on Twitter @sussex_express

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Sussex Express - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.