A spate of chimney fires in the space of 48 hours, including calls to Lewes, Laughton and Blackboys, has led to safety advice being issued by East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service.
The most recent was just past midnight last night (Monday January 27) at a home on Common Lane in Laughton.
The caller stated that a chimney fire had burnt a hole in the roof.
Smoke was reported in the area and on arrival crews from Uckfield confirmed a fire in the roof space.
They used two breathing apparatus and hose reel jets, before cutting away and damping down. The roof was sheeted up.
On Saturday crews were called to reports of two chimney fires: Uckfield firefighters went to one at Blackboys Inn, Lewes Road, Blackboys at 10.28am and there was another at 9.12am at a home at East Way, Lewes, which Lewes firefighters attended.
On Sunday, two reports of chimney fires were received: one at 11.13 on the High Street in Rotherfield, which Crowborough firefighters attended, and one at 7.50pm at Windermere Crescent, Eastbourne, which Eastbourne crews attended.
There are no reports of injuries at any of the incidents.
Keep chimneys and flues clean and well maintained
Be careful when using open fires to keep warm. Make sure you always use a fire guard to protect against flying sparks from hot embers
Ensure the fire is extinguished before going to bed or leaving the house
Ensure good quality fuel is used
Never interrupt the air supply by blocking air vents or air bricks
Further safety advice can be found at www.esfrs.org/communitySafety/advice/chimney.shtml