A fire broke out in a barn at a farm in Alfriston last night (Wednesday November 13).
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service spent the night at the scene in Whiteway, Alfriston after the fire broke out at 6:32pm.
Worried residents reported that there were livestock inside the barn.
But on arrival crews found the cattle had been led to safety by their owner.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said: “On arrival the crew found that twenty tonnes of hay was being stored in the building.
“The cattle had been led to safety by the owner.
“Crews removed a CO2 extinguisher and a number of petrol cannisters.
“Six breathing apparatus were used, along with foam and water.”
The incident involved firefighters and officers from Seaford, Newhaven, Eastbourne, Uckfield and Lewes.
Did you see the fire? Do you have any pictures of the blaze? Email firstname.lastname@example.org