Firefighters tackled a kitchen fire at a property in Hailsham this morning (Monday).
Crews from Hailsham and Eastbourne were called to Ingrams Way, Hailsham at around 11.54am. On arrival, they confirmed the kitchen was well alight.
They used breathing equipment and a hose reel jet to put out the flames before using a positive pressure fan to disperse the smoke.
A spokesman for the fire service says the cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
Don't miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you'll be amongst the first to know what's going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on 'sign in' (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don't miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.