Fire crews have tackled a lift fire at a Boots in Burgess Hill this morning.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said crews from Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath were called to the scene in Market Place around 9.40am where the building was evacuated and the fire extinguished.
The service said the fire had been caused in the lift due to a lack of hydraulic fluid which had caused the lift to overheat.
No one was injured.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.