Visitors to Lewes should be aware of the practical difficulties getting transport to and from the event, Lewes District Council warns.
Road closures will affect large parts of Lewes with diversions in place for traffic to travel outside of the town.
Residents are advised to get vehicles home before 5pm to avoid any road closures in place.
Visitors are advised not to bring vehicles but instead use public transport.
The A26 and A27 will be open to through traffic only for the duration. No parking or waiting is allowed. Vehicles risk being towed if parked.
There are likely to be long waiting times for trains in and out of Lewes. Last services are from midnight to 12.30am.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Review: The Kite Runner, Brighton Festival, until Saturday May 25
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Trevor gets the seal of approval from Seaford
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North