At just a few inches long it’s not the biggest animal at Drusillas Park - but it could be the cutest.
A collective ooohh was heard around the park when the latest addition to the otter family popped its head out of its den for the first time.
The two-month-old Asian short-clawed otter has not been spotted out of the nest box before, despite being born at the end of the summer.
Read more on this story in Friday’s Sussex Express.
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
- BREAKING NEWS: Polegate priest receives 10 year sentence for the “systematic” sexual assault of young boys and girls.
- Tomato ‘comes home’ to Plumpton after 70 year abscence
- UPDATE: A27 eastbound lane near Lewes now reopened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 5 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west