Next year is the centenary of the start of the First World War and Lewes author Brigid Chapman is writing a book about the conflict from a local aspect.
She is seeking photographs, postcards and personal recollections about life in Lewes and the port of Newhaven for her research for military history publishers, Pen and Sword.
She has appealed for help from readers.
Brigid said: “Perhaps family albums might have some valuable records.”
She can be contacted on 01273 476622, or email email@example.com
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Review: The Kite Runner, Brighton Festival, until Saturday May 25
- Trevor gets the seal of approval from Seaford
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North