Local MP and Transport Minister Norman Baker has announced a massive boost at Lewes Railway Station.
It is to receive a brand new £250,000 cycle hub for 200 bikes including maintenance and repair facilities.
It’s part of a £1.3m package for local cycle schemes unveiled this week by the Lib Dem Minister, who said: “Cycling is great for your health, great for the environment and great for the economy.”
Hassocks Station will see the introduction of a £200,000 two-tier parking facility to allow for 200 bikes to be parked at the station with CCTV and lighting to improve security and signage along cycle lanes to the station.
Eastbourne Station will benefit from a £300,000 cycle hub for up to 250 bikes including a maintenance and repair facility, while Brighton Station will receive £550,000 for a new large cycle hub.
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
- BREAKING NEWS: Polegate priest receives 10 year sentence for the “systematic” sexual assault of young boys and girls.
- Tomato ‘comes home’ to Plumpton after 70 year abscence
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 5 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west