Heartless raiders who targeted a Lewes charity shop made off with computers, cash and a valuable gold watch that had been donated to the charity.
Staff discovered the break in to the Age UK shop in Cliffe High Street when they arrived for work around 9am on Saturday morning (October 13).
The shop had been closed up at 6pm the previous day.
It is thought that whoever broke in gained entry through the rear of the building, possibly via some scaffolding.
Once inside, they removed cash from a charity box, several laptop computers and items of jewellery including an 18 carat gold half hunter watch valued at around £3,000.
Sergeant Kevin Leete said: “It’s likely that for the quantity of items stolen, a vehicle was used to remove it.
“Anyone who saw anybody acting suspiciously in the area overnight on Friday or early Saturday is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial 437 of 13/10.”
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
- BREAKING NEWS: Polegate priest receives 10 year sentence for the “systematic” sexual assault of young boys and girls.
- UPDATE: A27 eastbound lane near Lewes now reopened
- Tomato ‘comes home’ to Plumpton after 70 year abscence
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North west