BUSY people from Trinity Church in Willingdon are often busy enjoying all sorts of hobbies.
No wonder they decided to ‘showcase’ their activities at an Arts and Crafts event held in the church off Coppice Avenue at the end of May.
The church Santuary was transformed into an open space for musical performances including the Downland Singers, with a display of hobbies and a flower arranger’s corner.
Jennie Macfadyen, church secretary, said: “Other areas were a hive of activity with the WI, Lace Makers, Art Group, Hearts and Hands” Group, the photography competition, but the most popular place was undoubtedly the gazebo where ice creams were available.
“The afternoon ended with a prize giving for the lucky programme and photography competition.”
More than 100 people passed through the church doors that afternoon – most of them new faces.
Mrs Macfadyen added: “The whole event was true ministry to our community.” The church also enjoyed a traditional afternoon tea to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Review: The Kite Runner, Brighton Festival, until Saturday May 25
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Trevor gets the seal of approval from Seaford
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North