Hand Picked Hotels, which owns Buxted Park Hotel and Spa, near Uckfield has won the prestigious AA Large Hotel Group of the Year 2012-2013, it was announced last week at a glittering awards ceremony in London.
The Georgian Palladian splendour of Buxted Park Hotel & Spa is part of the collection of 17 country house hotels which won the most coveted category in the AA Hospitality Awards. Hand Picked Hotels’ chairman and chief executive Julia Hands was presented with the award at the dinner.
The consistently high quality of service, hospitality and guest experience at Hand Picked Hotels were highlighted in the judges’ citation: “Hand Picked Hotels have continued to invest and develop into the quality offering seen today.”
Russell Lines, General Manager, said: “We receive some lovely feedback from our guests who really appreciate Buxted Park’s very special character. This award means a great deal to the brilliant team we have here.”
Built in 1722 by Sir Thomas Medley, Buxted Park played host to many of society’s movers and shakers including Wordsworth, Churchill and Marlon Brando.
The property spans acres of grounds and include a lake and deer park.
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
- BREAKING NEWS: Polegate priest receives 10 year sentence for the “systematic” sexual assault of young boys and girls.
- Tomato ‘comes home’ to Plumpton after 70 year abscence
- UPDATE: A27 eastbound lane near Lewes now reopened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 5 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west