Applications are being invited for the District Council’s Small Grant Scheme and Capital Grants Scheme.
Grants are available from Wealden District Council to help local groups and village organisations continue the valuable work they do for the community.
Last year Crowborough Rugby Club received a £10,000 grant from the Wealden Capital Grant in 2010/11 for a new club house.
Application must be lodged by November 30 so awards can be made for the 2013 financial year. Funds must be spent within the next financial year April 2013 - March 2014.
Councillor Claire Dowling, Cabinet member for Community and Voluntary Sector, said: “These grants can help expand the range of benefits a local club or organisation can offer their community. At a time of tightening public expenditure, these Wealden grants help local organisations provide much-needed services that meet local needs.
The Wealden Small Grant Scheme offers grants of between £500 - £3,000.
The Wealden Capital Grants Scheme offers amounts between £1,000 - £10,000.
For more information and an application form, look for Grant Funding on Wealden’s website: http://www.wealden.gov.uk/ or contact the Support Officer on 01323 443520.
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
- BREAKING NEWS: Polegate priest receives 10 year sentence for the “systematic” sexual assault of young boys and girls.
- Tomato ‘comes home’ to Plumpton after 70 year abscence
- UPDATE: A27 eastbound lane near Lewes now reopened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North west