A thief has been arrested after targeting a pensioner in Polegate.
The a 27-year-old Chiddingly man was arrested following a Sussex Police investigation after a ring was reported stolen from a woman in her late eighties
The woman was at her home on Eastern Avenue when a man called and entered saying he was interested in valuable items at about 5pm on Friday, March 15.
After he left a short while later, the woman noticed a ring belonging to her was missing.
Officers nearby arrested the man who was interviewed and released on police bail until April 12 while enquiries continue.
The ring has not been recovered.
Detective Sergeant Andrew Harbour of the East Sussex Priority Crime Team said we remind residents, especially the more elderly, to be cautious about cold callers.
He said; “Do not allow anyone into your home, especially cold callers, unless you are completely satisfied that they have a genuine reason for calling. If in doubt keep them out and let us know via 101, or via 999 if they are still present or nearby.”
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
- BREAKING NEWS: Polegate priest receives 10 year sentence for the “systematic” sexual assault of young boys and girls.
- Tomato ‘comes home’ to Plumpton after 70 year abscence
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 5 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west