MONGOLIA is a bit further on from the Eagles Roundabout when you come out of Hailsham – thousands of miles further, in fact.
But gooey adventurer Jack Armstrong, a 19-year-old from the town, decided it would be fun to drive to the other side of the world in a not so state-of-the-art car.
Cadbury Wispa sponsored Jack and his two friends in their once-in-a-lifetime trip, before they knuckle down to university in a route taking them through 15 countries.
The young men made it to the Mongolian border in the Mongol Rally last week.
They plan to raise money for The Lotus Children’s Centre Charitable Trust and Macmillan Cancer.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- Benefit fraudster to be sentenced
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- From the back pages, May 26: Arsenal ready to break the bank and lure wantaway Rooney to Emirates
- Trevor gets the seal of approval from Seaford
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West