Rural districts of East Sussex are set for a £2.5million boost.
The districts of Lewes, Wealden and Rother will benefit from the ‘Rural Growth and Employment Fund’ (RuGEF) grant - the first part of Sussex County Council’s£6m Economic Intervention Fund.
The focus for RuGEF will be economic growth and job creation including new businesses and increased/improved business training.
County councillor Matthew Lock, lead member for economy, said it could be the key to help unlock training opportunities for employees. For more information visit www.eastsussex.gov.uk/businessgrants
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Review: The Kite Runner, Brighton Festival, until Saturday May 25
- Trevor gets the seal of approval from Seaford
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: West