Controversial plans for 53 homes and more than 2,650sqm of commercial space in Lewes will be considered on Thursday next week.
The application by River Oaks Homes Ltd is for a site in Southdowns Road.
The dwellings would be a mixture of four- and three-bedroom houses, plus partments, together with offices.
People objecting to the proposal say the design is inappropiate and not in keeping with the character of Lewes.
A decision will be made by the South Downs National Park’s Planning Committee at Cowdray Hall, Easebourne.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- Benefit fraudster to be sentenced
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Trevor gets the seal of approval from Seaford
- Review: The Kite Runner, Brighton Festival, until Saturday May 25
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: West