A BULLOCK seen struggling under water in a field at Pevensey was rescued by fire crews
Two fire crews attended the scene on Tuesday morning (September 4) to deal with the animal in distress.
The drama unfolded on the area known as Dukeland, not far from houses in Castle Drive.
Firefighters at the scene carefully manouvered a crane device, specially constructed to deal with such incidents, to pull the animal away from danger at the water spot - and back on to dry land and to safety.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- Benefit fraudster to be sentenced
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Trevor gets the seal of approval from Seaford
- Review: The Kite Runner, Brighton Festival, until Saturday May 25
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West