A PROPOSED scheme to build seven, two-bedroom new houses in Vines Cross has aroused fury in the village. The application drew 39 letters of objection from residents plus a wholehearted ‘thumbs down’ from Horam Parish Council.
Wealden planners recommend that the scheme should go ahead, providing strict conditions are adhered to. The houses would be built on a 0.2 hectare site on land at 1 Rock Cottages, Nettlesworth Lane. Builders are required to include a 30% ‘affordable’ proportion of homes and contribute towards adult and youth play space. They must also agree to access and parking provision.
Horam parish councillors have recommended refusal. They cite grounds of lack of local infrastructure and disturbance of wildlife. They are concerned the homes might exacerbate flood risk, the is no safe pavement, parking would be inadequate and the primary school bus does not pass the site.
Thirty nine letters objecting to the scheme cover issues of lack of local infrastructure to support more homes, loss of neighbours’ privacy, ‘land grabbing,’ possible pollution of a stream, potential flooding and overdevelopment.
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
- BREAKING NEWS: Polegate priest receives 10 year sentence for the “systematic” sexual assault of young boys and girls.
- Tomato ‘comes home’ to Plumpton after 70 year abscence
- UPDATE: A27 eastbound lane near Lewes now reopened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 5 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west