PHOTOGRAPHERS hoping to win the South Downs National Park’s Life in the Landscapes competition need to get snappy as entries close on October 15.
But there’s good news for those still hoping to win because autumn is one of the best times to take pictures in the National Park.
The winning image will need to capture the story of the people who live, work and visit the South Downs National Park. Prizes for the competition include £150 in vouchers to spend at Petersfield Photographic, a year’s subscription to Outdoor Photography magazine and a day of landscape photography training with photographer Simon Parsons.
Nick Heasman, a competition judge and Western Area Manager for the South Downs National Park, said: “Dramatic autumn light makes September and October among the best months to take photos in the South Downs, but don’t forget that shots of beautiful landscapes only tell half the National Park’s story. We’ll be looking for pictures that capture the spirit of the people who live, work and spend their time here.”
Information on how to enter the competition and full terms and conditions are available at www.southdowns.gov.uk/photocomp2012
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- Benefit fraudster to be sentenced
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Review: The Kite Runner, Brighton Festival, until Saturday May 25
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North