PEOPLE from across Lewes and Wealden districts benefit from the vital end-of-life care given by St Wilfrid’s Hospice in Eastbourne.
The hospice has asked people to give support for its ‘Jim Jam Walk’ taking place along Eastbourne’s seafront on September 22.
Gavin Own, who ran one of the Eastbourne legs of the 2012 Olympic torch relay, has signed up to take part in the 10km event, holding aloft his Olympic torch.
Charlotte Nuckhir, head of community engagement at the Hospice, said: “Jim Jam is such a fun event we hope that many local residents will support us by taking part.
“We hope also this year that by allowing runners to enter we’ll attract a new group of supporters and raise even more to support our work.”
The event, which starts and ends at Eastbourne College, is supported by both the College and the Langham Hotel and organisers hope that this year will be the biggest event yet. Register for Jim Jam on the St Wilfrid’s website at www.stwhospice.org or phone: 01323 637871.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Review: The Kite Runner, Brighton Festival, until Saturday May 25
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: West