The volunteer crew of Eastbourne lifeboats launched in freezing conditions again last night (Thursday January 17) when a person was seen to jump from the cliffs at Beachy Head.
Police were negotiating with a distressed person shortly before she was seen to jump.
Both lifeboats were soon on scene, two crewmen from the inshore lifeboat were put ashore along with a doctor and crewman from the all-weather lifeboat.
The scene was illuminated by the lifeboat whilst the woman was found and recovered.
She was then taken to the Lifeboat Station and passed into the care of the Sussex Police coroner.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- Benefit fraudster to be sentenced
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Review: The Kite Runner, Brighton Festival, until Saturday May 25
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North