Police in the Heathfield area are seeking the owner of 28 sheep found walking in the road in the early hours of today (Friday January 25).
The sheep were found in New Pond Hill, Cross in Hand, at around 3am.
When police arrived some of the sheep had wandered onto the land of a nearby resident, who kindly agreed for the sheep to remain there while the owner was traced.
A Sussex Police spokesperson said: “We have so far been unable to find the owner of the sheep and we would ask that anyone who has lost some sheep gets in contact with us.
“We are very grateful to the resident who has kept the sheep safe while enquiries are carried out and would like to thank him for his patience.”
Anyone who can help trace the owner of the sheep is asked to contact Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial 192 of 25/1.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- Benefit fraudster to be sentenced
- From the back pages, May 26: Arsenal ready to break the bank and lure wantaway Rooney to Emirates
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Trevor gets the seal of approval from Seaford
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West