THE A22 road northbound from the Cophall Roundabout to Polegate was closed on Wednesday (September 26) due to the road surface being contaminated with a type of oil.
It is thought an incident involving a vehicle led to the road being ‘very slippery’, according to road traffic police who said there were already a couple of collisions before the road was shut.
A special gritting lorry spurced up the road surface.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- Benefit fraudster to be sentenced
- From the back pages, May 26: Arsenal ready to break the bank and lure wantaway Rooney to Emirates
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Trevor gets the seal of approval from Seaford
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West