PIONEERING environmental activist Nicola Peel will present the film “Blood of the Amazon” at a special fundraising event at the Linklater Pavilion in Lewes on Wednesday, June 27.
From pollution to solutions, this inspiring documentary, filmed by Nicola herself, follows her journey from the headwaters in Ecuador along the Amazon to Brazil as she investigates the effects of the oil industry on the environment and the indigenous people who live there.
As Nicola says: “This is a film that gives a voice to the people and hope to the planet.”
With a light vegetarian supper dish included in the price of £15, it promises to be a memorable evening.
Tickets are limited and must be reserved in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Wine/soft drinks will be available for a donation. All proceeds will go towards Nicola’s projects in the Amazon.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- Benefit fraudster to be sentenced
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Trevor gets the seal of approval from Seaford
- Review: The Kite Runner, Brighton Festival, until Saturday May 25
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West