The four vehicle crash which caused traffic hold-ups on the A27 at Polegate has been cleared.
The problems which cauased tail-backs and motorists to find alternative routes is now clear.
The problems were caused following a collision on the A2270 near the Polegate bypass.
The A27 Polegate Bypass in Polegate blocked and slow traffic eastbound between the A2270 Polegate By-Pass junction and Cop Hall Roundabout, because of the accident.
A Sussex Police spokesman said emergency services including Highways had been called to the incident at around 7.30am. He added several vehicles were involved but there appeared to be no serious injuries.
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
- BREAKING NEWS: Polegate priest receives 10 year sentence for the “systematic” sexual assault of young boys and girls.
- Tomato ‘comes home’ to Plumpton after 70 year abscence
- UPDATE: A27 eastbound lane near Lewes now reopened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North west