A SEAFORD man suffered minor head injuries when he was hit by a car whilst walking along the Alfriston Road at night on Sunday September 23.
He was struck by the vehicle some time between 11pm on Sunday and 6am the next morning when he was walking to Alfriston to visit friends.
The 24-year-old man was found by a local resident in River Lane, Alfriston, in the morning.
The resident called for an ambulance and the man was taken to Eastbourne District General Hospital for treatment but was discharged later that morning.
PC Richard Hobbs at the Sussex Roads Policing Unit in Polegate said; “We don’t currently know where or when this collision happened, although it could well have happened at or near the place at where he was found.
“The man can’t remember exactly what happened or give any description of a vehicle.
“Anyone who was driving along that stretch of road on Sunday night into Monday morning and who saw anything that might help, is asked to call us via 101 quoting serial 0145 of 24/9.”
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
- BREAKING NEWS: Polegate priest receives 10 year sentence for the “systematic” sexual assault of young boys and girls.
- UPDATE: A27 eastbound lane near Lewes now reopened
- Tomato ‘comes home’ to Plumpton after 70 year abscence
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North west