A MOBILE home stationed near a development caused a town councillor to voice concerns at a meeting of the planning and development committee in Hailsham Town Council last month, August.
Cllr Jo Bentley ‘raised concerns’ about the mobile home stationed on land near Troon Cottages.
The clerk of the committee had previously contacted the enforcement department at Wealden District Council about the issue.
Advice was given that the mobile home was allowed under permitted development rights as the residents living there are building the dwelling at the site.
The committee were concerned there was no time constrant on the permission given and the applicant could live in the mobile home ‘in perpetuity’.
The clerk of the planning committee will liaise again with the enforcement officer regarding the matter.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Review: The Kite Runner, Brighton Festival, until Saturday May 25
- Trevor gets the seal of approval from Seaford
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North