Weather conditions are causing ‘serious disruption’ to the bus service along the A259 between Denton Corner in Newhaven and Eastbourne this lunchtime (Monday March 11).
Brighton and Hove Buses said its supervisors have checked the A259 and ‘it is not currently safe for buses to use due to drifting snow’, affecting the 12 and 12A services.
Until further notice services from Denton Corner to and from Eastbourne will divert via the A26 and A27.
There is a shuttle service between Denton Corner and Seaford.
Southern Trains will continue to accept customers with valid bus tickets until further notice between Brighton, Lewes, Newhaven, Seaford and Eastbourne.
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
- BREAKING NEWS: Polegate priest receives 10 year sentence for the “systematic” sexual assault of young boys and girls.
- Tomato ‘comes home’ to Plumpton after 70 year abscence
- UPDATE: A27 eastbound lane near Lewes now reopened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 5 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west