Tina Newman has paid tribute to her brother, Andrew Coote, 48 from Uckfield, who died after being hit by a train between Buxted and Crowborough on Monday night.
Tina said it was with great sadness that the family was sharing the news of Andrew’s death with the town where he grew up. He had lived on Manor Park opposite his childhood home.
Tina said Andrew felt he was no longer able to cope with life, due to difficult circumstances.
But she said: “To those who knew him you will remember he loved music, drums and cycling. He was brought up here in Uckfield and all he loved and cherished was here.
“Please, to those who knew him, do feel free to share this time with us, his family.”
She said the funeral date is still to be announced.
She went on: “Again, to all who knew him, your support and friendship was loved and cherished. Thank you.”
The rail line was closed on Monday evening when British Transport Police and Sussex Police officers found Andrew’s body.
His injuries were consistent with being hit by a train. Police said there were no suspicious circumstances.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Review: The Kite Runner, Brighton Festival, until Saturday May 25
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: West