THE 70th Horam Flower Show at Horam Village Hall on August Bank Holiday Monday proved a great success in spite of the year’s alternating arid and soaking weather conditions.
As well as flowers the Show attracted entries in all sections including vegetables, adults and children’s handicrafts, art, wine, photography and a well contested domestic section demonstrating a high standard of local baking skills.
Organisers point out this was an extra special year as it was the Society’s 70th anniversary and also the 80th birthday of Peter Turner who has served on the committee every year since 1954. Peter’s twin sister Pam Crouch is also an active committee member. Heartfelt thanks were conveyed to all the willing helpers who made the day such a success.
Challenge Cup, best exhibit, award and medal winners were Joan Turner, Eric Sanderson, Theresa Fennings, Leanne Underhill, Carol Curd, Jenny Evans, Maureen Axell, James Brazil, Katy Sadler, Jane Skirrow and Dave Cooley.
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
- BREAKING NEWS: Polegate priest receives 10 year sentence for the “systematic” sexual assault of young boys and girls.
- Tomato ‘comes home’ to Plumpton after 70 year abscence
- UPDATE: A27 eastbound lane near Lewes now reopened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North west