A spring book fair organised by the RNLI Newhaven fundraising society generated more than £125 in just a couple of hours.
Around 2,000 books were available to buy at the event, which was held at the Hillcrest Centre on Saturday March 16.
The volunteer lifeboat crew were able to help move the books, but the group said due to the difficulties with the logistics of getting the books out of storage and to the venue, this book sale may have been the last at the Hillcrest Centre.
A selection of second hand books will be available each month at Paradise Park Garden Centre, with the next event due to take place on Tuesday March 19 from 10am to 2pm.
The next main fundraising event will be a coffee morning hosted by Ann Payne at 2 Bay Vue Road, Newhaven on Saturday April 6 from 10am to 12 noon.
For enquiries please email email@example.com
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
- BREAKING NEWS: Polegate priest receives 10 year sentence for the “systematic” sexual assault of young boys and girls.
- Part of St Thomas a Becket Church in Lewes in danger of collapse
- UPDATE: A27 eastbound lane near Lewes now reopened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South west