One lane of the A27 eastbound near Lewes was blocked and traffic was moving very slowly due to a three car shunt this morning (Friday March 8).
The collision took place near the Kingston roundabout at around 7.40am, causing congestion to stretch back along the A27 to the A23 London Road in Patcham.
Emergency services were called to the eastbound A27 on the Newmarket straight at Lewes after three cars in the outside lane had collided.
A woman driving one of the cars was mechanically trapped and had to be cut free by firefighters but was not assessed as being seriously injured.
Sussex Police said there were no reports of any other injuries and the inside lane remained open although there were substantial tailbacks along the eastbound A27.
Police said the road was completely open again by 10.15am.
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
- BREAKING NEWS: Polegate priest receives 10 year sentence for the “systematic” sexual assault of young boys and girls.
- Part of St Thomas a Becket Church in Lewes in danger of collapse
- UPDATE: A27 eastbound lane near Lewes now reopened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Monday 20 May 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North