A small fire broke out in a cupboard at Temple House in Lewes this afternoon (Tuesday October 1).
Sussex Express reporters and other office workers evacuated the building after the small electrical fire.
The High Street was closed off for a short period while fire crews entered the building and made the scene safe.
Crews said there was ‘significant’ damage to the cupboard.
Power to the building was turned off.
Staff had still not returned to the building at 5pm.
For the full story see Friday’s Sussex Express.