SOME costs for Wealden District Council arising out of the awarding of the joint waste contract to a private contractor, believed to be Kier, with partner authorities Rother, Eastbourne and Hastings have been revealed.
Wealden Cabinet (October 3) documents show communications work for the project will cost £150,000 and there will be financial provision of £100,000 over the 10 year contract period for the ‘enhancement of ICT systems and mobile equipment as necessary’.
A financial provision of £49,500 per year was also disclosed to ‘fund the centralised partnership client costs’.
The agenda paper said: “The scale of change required in terms of staff competency and use of the proposed IT systems requires investment in mobile equipment and staff training.
“It was previously agreed by the Joint Waste Committee that the total cost for each council to determine its own costs and degree of investment that would be made to enable effective use of the system that will be provided by the contractor.
“When considered over the contract period (10 years) this investment amounts to £10,000 per council per year.”
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
- BREAKING NEWS: Polegate priest receives 10 year sentence for the “systematic” sexual assault of young boys and girls.
- Tomato ‘comes home’ to Plumpton after 70 year abscence
- UPDATE: A27 eastbound lane near Lewes now reopened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North west