Polegate pub fire was accidental

0
Have your say

A fire at a restaurant in Polegate was accidental, according to an investigation by East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service.

Crews were called to the Old Polegate Station Restaurant in Station Road at around 2:30pm on Monday ( September 23) after witnesses reported seeing smoke billlowing from the building.

Crews used breathing apparatus to enter the building and tackle the blaze which broke out in the restaurant’s kitchen.

Aerial ladders were also used to check the fire had not spread to the restaurant’s roof.

Crews said noone was inside the building at the time of the fire.

See Friday’s Sussex Express for the full story.