A paedophile found with a hoard of more than 37,000 indecent pictures of children faces jail after he filmed himself abusing a victim.
Timothy Smith kept videos of the attacks he carried out on the young child he flew to the Philippines to meet in 2015.
The 42-year-old admitted 16 sexual offences at Maidstone Crown Court on Thursday and will be sentenced next month, Kent Police said.
The extent of Smith's crimes emerged after Kent Police investigated suspicious online activity at his home in Burslem Road, Tunbridge Wells.
He was arrested in November last year after officers raided his home, seizing computers and hard drives.
During police interview he "readily confessed" to searching and saving indecent images of children and visiting the Philippines to repeatedly abuse the child, who was less than five years old, and told officers it was "his thing", a force spokesman said.
He referred to himself as a paedophile and said he would share "extensive volumes of illegal videos and images".
He even met another sex offender to hand over 45 DVDs of material.
The police search revealed a stash of videos with a total playback time of more than two days and nine hours.
Many of the thousands of images found were classed as category A, the most serious kind.
Smith pleaded guilty to three counts of sexual assault of a child between August and November 2015, three counts of distributing indecent images of children, three of taking indecent images of children, six counts of making indecent images of children and one of sexual activity with a child in August 2013.
Detective Constable Mark Bennett, of Kent Police's paedophile online investigation team said: "The offences Smith committed are a stark reminder that behind every image is a real tale of abuse and suffering.
"I am glad he has at least owned up to his crimes and will now face the consequences for his deplorable actions."
Smith was released on bail until his sentencing on December 15 at the same court.
Copyright (c) Press Association Ltd. 2017, All Rights Reserved.