Members of the public will this week be able to reserve a place at the meeting where the controversial North Street Quarter plans will be considered.
The application for the North Street Quarter, in Lewes, will be considered at a meeting of the South Downs National Park Authority’s Planning Committee on Thursday, December 10 at County Hall in Lewes.
As well as some public seating in the room of the meeting, there will be a live webcast broadcast in a neighbouring room.
Due to the high level of interest in the application, all places will be ticketed. Tickets will be allocated on a first come first served basis, with one ticket allocated per registration. Seating in the rooms themselves will not be allocated or reserved.
Tickets will be available from 9am on Friday, November 20 at www.southdowns.gov.uk/NSQ-Form. Anyone without access to the internet can call 01730 814810 from 9am on Friday, November 20 providing the following information:
- Name, Address and Telephone Number
- Details of any special access or other arrangements that you may require
- If registering to speak: confirmation of whether you wish to speak in support or against the application
- If registering to speak: confirmation of whether you are representing yourself or anyone else.
- If registering to speak: confirmation that we can provide your details to other people in the event that there are more than the permitted number of speakers. This is in order that you can agree which of the permitted number of speakers will speak.
How to register to speak at the meeting:
Those wishing to speak at the meeting will also need to register to attend. In accordance with the Public Speaking Protocol, the Chair has agreed on this occasion the number of speakers permitted to speak will be:
- Up to three individuals or group representatives who are opposing the application.
- Up to three individuals or group representatives who are supporting the application.
- Two Lewes Town Councillors.
- One local District Councillor from either Lewes Castle Ward or Lewes Bridge Ward.
- One local County Councillor from either Ringmer and Lewes Bridge Division or Lewes Division.
It is the expectation of the Planning Committee Chair that speaker slots for Councillors will enable them to represent a wide range of residents and their views.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.sussexexpress.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/Sussex-Express/
3) Follow us on Twitter @sussex_express
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Sussex Express - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.