Two people were led to safety this morning (Thursday August 21) after a fire broke out at a Hailsham home.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called at 4:18am to reports of a fire at a property on Market Street.
Crews from Hailsham, Herstmonceux and Eastbourne attended the scene.
A spokesman for the fire service said there was a small fire in a downstairs toilet.
Firefighters used breathing apparatus and hose reels to tackle the fire.
Two people were led to safety.
The fire was accidental.