Two treated for smoke inhalation after caravan fire

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called to reports of a fire in Framfield yesterday (Wednesday, December 9).

Two appliances from Uckfield were mobilised to the incident on Streele Lane at 10:30pm.

On arrival, crews used CO2 extinguishers to put out an electrical fire which had started in a static caravan.

Two casualties were treated for smoke inhalation and left in the care of South East Coast Ambulance Service.

Crews used a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots before making the area safe and leaving the scene at 01:30am.

The cause has been confirmed as accidental.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.sussexexpress.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/Sussex-Express/

3) Follow us on Twitter @sussex_express

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Sussex Express - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.