LITTLE animals were seen pawing about following a face painting session at Alfriston Festival.
The children’s entertainment, including meeting some ‘creepy crawlies’ was one of many features of the popular festival which ran from August 19 to 27.
A fun dog show with a dog training demonstration put a wag in the tails of some villagers - sponsored by Drusillas Park Zoo and www.cobbydog.com
Other festival highlights were guided tours of the new Rathfinny Vineyard including a winery talk.
Tough village folk went to battle in a popular Tug-of-War across the Cuckmere River by the White Bridge.
Some 60 classic cars were also on view for a collectors’ car show on The Tye.
A welly throwing contest, a car boot sale, an art show in the Old Chapel Centre were other highlights.
Alfriston folk also enjoyed a village fair with pony rides, and traditional games and stalls.
There has been a festival in Alfriston for the past 40 years.
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
- BREAKING NEWS: Polegate priest receives 10 year sentence for the “systematic” sexual assault of young boys and girls.
- Tomato ‘comes home’ to Plumpton after 70 year abscence
- UPDATE: A27 eastbound lane near Lewes now reopened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North west