A NEW sculpture created by South Heighton artist Christian Funnell has been installed in Newhaven Harbour.
The artist finished putting the new Cormorant into the water on Wednesday August 29 during high tide. It is seven foot tall and made of galvanised steel.
The sculpture was paid for by Newhaven Town Council and cost £6,000.
Newhaven Conservation Trust asked the town council to pay for a new one, after the old cormorant sculpture began to show its age.
The bird has been a feature of the harbour since Christian installed the original one 12 years ago. What do you think of the new cormorant? Email email@example.com
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Review: The Kite Runner, Brighton Festival, until Saturday May 25
- Trevor gets the seal of approval from Seaford
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North