Police in Hailsham have issued a warning to dog owners, after sausages laced with slug pellets were found in the area.
The sausages were found last night (April 8) at the Cuckoo Trail which stretches from Eastborune to Heathfield, through Hailsham.]
If a dog ingests slug pellets, it can be fatal.
Sussex Police said, “Cocktail sausages laced with what appear to be blue pellets were found by a dog walker on the Cuckoo Trail at Hailsham on Wednesday evening (April 8).
“The sausages were handed in to police who have warned dog owners to be cautious when walking their pets.”
Any further finds or any information about the incident should be reported to email@example.com or call 101 quoting serial 1380 of 08/04.