31. Arbor Supreme; formerly with Willie Mullins and one of the more interesting outsiders for Jonjo O’Neill who saddled Don’t Push It in 2010 despite the fact he has failed to complete in the last couple of years. Likely to be overlooked by McCoy but no forlorn hope.
32. Pearlysteps; pulled up on his last couple of starts but stable running into form. Difficult to make a case for but if you delve back far enough he does have bits of form that warrant respect.
33. Prince De Beauchene: non runner
34. Roulez Cool: non runner
35; Sunnyhillboy; Festival winner who was a market drifter earlier in the week, but connections were quick to quell rumours that everything was not right with the horse. Very well handicapped on his win in the Kim Muir having flattered to deceive previously; would attract significant support if Synchronised missed race and McCoy jumped ship.
36. Killyglen; won a big novice chase here when trained by Howard Johnson and bounced back to his best at Down Royal last time when reported to have had a palate operation since his previous start. Was in the process of running a cracker when coming down four out in the race last year at 66/1 and certainly wont be anything like those odds this time; major player.
37. Quiscover Fontaine; fourth in the Irish National last year and another still engaged in the Irish equivalent on Monday. Unlikely to take up both engagements and makes little appeal at this time.
38. Tharawaat; another horse who is also entered in the Irish National and, at this stage, looks likely to take up that option; must be major stamina reservations if he crosses the Irish Sea and trainer Gordon Elliot considers Chicago Grey his first-choice.
39. Always Waining; has won the last two renewals of the Topham Chase over a shorter trip and has been entered for a hat-trick bid on Thursday, but connections said to be leaning towards a crack at the big one; fences no concern but stamina a concern.
40. Becauseicouldntsee; only got as far as the second in last year’s race but ran a cracker behind Sunnyhillboy in the Kim Muir last month. Deserves to win a big prize and likely to be in the front rank throughout but others preferred.