Eastbourne Speedway have declared their satisfaction with the outcome of the promoters’ annual conference at the weekend.
The club was especially pleased to be named joint third in the Elite League track of the year awards.
Scoring was by referees throughout the season, based on track condition and overall presentation of the stadium and the meeting.
The points limit was set at 42.50 meaning co-promoter team manager Trevor Geer can now begin assembling the 2013 team.
Geer said: “We have been thinking about the shape of the team for some time but now the points limit has been agreed we can make real progress. The points limit was no surprise and does not affect our plans in any way.
“We announced earlier that Joonas Kylmakorpi would not be returning to British speedway in 2013 but beyond that I cannot say more.
“Eastbourne will only make announcements once riders have been signed and all the formalities completed.”
He said the award in the track of the year competition was a real boost and reflected the amount of work put in by Bob Dugard and track staff to get Arlington ready for meetings.
“Our stadium always looks smart to greet fans and our track is always smooth and well prepared.
“The pits area was completely covered for the start of 2012, providing an excellent working area for riders and their mechanics.”
Eastbourne have also reaffirmed they are very unlikely to consider “doubling up” riders for a team place.
Geer said: “Many Premier League matches take place on a Saturday night so having ‘doubling up’ riders is not really an option for us. They would miss far too many matches at Arlington.”