Eastbourne Speedway join the tributes to tragic Lee Richardson
Eastbourne Speedway has joined the tributes to former Eagle Lee Richardson who died on Sunday after a track crash in Poland.
In a statement, the club’s management said: “Our thoughts are very much with Lee’s family and we send our heartfelt condolences to them.
“We know all Eastbourne supporters will be as distraught and devastated as we all are. Before racing begins at Arlington Saturday, there will be a minute’s silence in his memory.”
Sussex-born Lee Richardson captained the Eastbourne Eagles to KO Cup glory in 2008. As a youngster he rode on the Eastbourne mini-track before signing for Reading at the age of 16 in 1995.
His father Colin Richardson and uncle, Steve Weatherley, also both rode for Eastbourne.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- Benefit fraudster to be sentenced
- From the back pages, May 26: Arsenal ready to break the bank and lure wantaway Rooney to Emirates
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
- Trevor gets the seal of approval from Seaford
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: South west