Eastbourne Speedway join the tributes to tragic Lee Richardson
Eastbourne Speedway has joined the tributes to former Eagle Lee Richardson who died on Sunday after a track crash in Poland.
In a statement, the club’s management said: “Our thoughts are very much with Lee’s family and we send our heartfelt condolences to them.
“We know all Eastbourne supporters will be as distraught and devastated as we all are. Before racing begins at Arlington Saturday, there will be a minute’s silence in his memory.”
Sussex-born Lee Richardson captained the Eastbourne Eagles to KO Cup glory in 2008. As a youngster he rode on the Eastbourne mini-track before signing for Reading at the age of 16 in 1995.
His father Colin Richardson and uncle, Steve Weatherley, also both rode for Eastbourne.
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
- BREAKING NEWS: Polegate priest receives 10 year sentence for the “systematic” sexual assault of young boys and girls.
- Tomato ‘comes home’ to Plumpton after 70 year abscence
- VIDEO ‘Trevor the Seal’ pays a visit to Seaford beach
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 5 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west