Wednesday’s Inside Line – Speedway with Shaleman
It is amazing that at the moment Simon Gustafsson is only riding in England for the Eastbourne Lifestyle Eagles.
He is signed to clubs in Poland and his homeland Sweden but at the moment cannot break into the teams.
Both countries operate squad systems. In Poland he crashed in a practice match which was being used to decide who would ride. Last year in Sweden he was guaranteed rides – being under 21 – but now he is 22 the regulation designed to bring on younger riders no longer works in his favour.
Gustafsson was naturally delighted with his match-winning performance for the Eagles on Saturday against Coventry - both from his and Eastbourne’s point of view and because he hopes it will make the Polish and Swedish clubs sit up and take notice.
- Lewes to Uckfield rail link is moving further down the track
- Bandit breaks back into Drusillas Zoo after three week ‘vacation’ in Alfriston area
- Part of St Thomas a Becket Church in Lewes in danger of collapse
- Lane closed on A27 near Falmer
- The search begins for archaeological evidence of the Battle of Lewes
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Lewes
Monday 20 May 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North