The Worthing accountancy firm, which was established nearly 20 years ago, has grown to handle a large volume of work within the county as well as overseas.
The Martlet Partnership is sponsoring the Business Personality category in this year’s Adur and Worthing Business Awards.
As company managing partner David Macdonald explained, the firm’s success has been down to a hard working ethic that has been built on forging long-term relationships with its diverse client base.
This has seen it tackle everything from corporation and personal tax issues, through to tax consultancy, which has offered its dedicated team some rewarding challenges.
Mr Macdonald said: “We’ve just been at the Southern Business awards and we were very glad to see one of our clients, ETI in Worthing, win. We are aware many companies have suffered in recent years, but it’s those such as ETI, who have exported that have done well due to the pound being seen as attractive during the past five years or so.We have actually had a good year ourselves and have taken on a lot more new clients-our business is up 20 per cent on this time last year,” revealed the managing partner, who said its improved fortunes had enable it to recruit several new members of staff.
This year’s Adur and Worthing Business Awards deadline is looming on Friday, October 19.
Here are our top five tips for entering.
1. Make entries as original as possible – what makes your nominee special?
2. Encourage others in the business community to nominate your business, which will underline that you are valued within the area.
3. Don’t be shy – let us know exactly how much your nominee will benefit from winning an award.
4. Our awards reflect quality and innovation,so focusing on preparing a strong entry is highly recommended.
5. Just because you are a new or emerging firm does not lessen your chance of winning – every entry will be considered on merit.
You can nominate as many businesses as you wish – you can even nominate your own ﬁrm. You can enter the awards by logging on to www.jpsouthevents.co.uk and ﬁll in the form online. If you have any further questions or if you would like to get involved with the awards and sponsor a category, call Jeanette Hockley, on 01243 534140.
The sponsor of this year’s awards is Spofforths Chartered Accountants.